Over the course of the weekend you will work with bright and enthusiastic individuals to come up with new service ideas and figure out ways to make them a reality. By doing this you will experience the entire design process within the course of 48 hours, which should lead to innovative ideas that you may wish to develop into a reality after the Jam concludes. Many previous attendees have reported that the ways of thinking and working learned during the Jam have totally changed the way in which they approach problems and communicate.
During the Jam:
- You will learn more about a design-based approach to problems.
- You will pick up a load of new ideas, skills and work practices, from idea generation to problem identification, mapping user experience and scenario scoping.
- You will meet a lot of cool people at all levels of experience who you may wish to work with in the future.
- Your work and ideas will be reviewed by your peers, and presented to the world, where they can be seen by potential customers or employers, or people who could make them real.
- You will design something that may become a real business.
- You might get rich and famous.
- You will certainly have an amazing time.
Feedback from previous attendees:
“The Jam has changed our working habits: we are using the kind of open method to work in developing projects.” Mexico City, Mexico.
“Being able to see and hear the other Jams around the world gave a real sense of camaraderie and being part of a global endeavour.” Hamilton, NZ.
“AMAZING! We left the place re-energized, happy, full of new connections and friends and with a sense that we can change the world if we want.” Sao Paulo, Brazil